Home » Cleaning Services
Category Archives: Cleaning Services
Sarasota Roof Cleaning removes dirt, mildew, moss, lichen, and oxidation from your roof. It helps extend the lifespan of shingles and tiles. It also reduces mold exposure and makes your home safer for families.
It also minimizes the risk of voiding your roof warranty. However, this is a job that’s best left to professionals.
Bleach-based chemicals are effective at killing mold, mildew, fungus, algae, lichens (a composite organism of algae and fungus), dirt, grime, and even asphalt shingles when used in a very diluted and carefully monitored application. Many roof cleaning contractors, however, apply straight bleach and pressure wash – a process that can cause discoloration and possibly shingle damage. Some will even tout that a 2007 Asphalt Roofing and Manufacturers Association “ARMA” technical bulletin recommends this caustic cleaning method.
When applied very dilutedly and under close supervision, bleach-based chemicals are effective at killing mold, mildew, fungus, algae, lichens (a composite organism of algae and fungus), dirt, grime, and even asphalt shingles. However, a lot of roof cleaning companies use pressure washing and straight bleach, which can damage shingles and result in discoloration. Some will even claim that this method of caustic cleaning is recommended in a 2007 technical bulletin from the Asphalt Roofing and Manufacturers Association (ARMA).
There are a few types of bleach, both chlorine-based such as common household chlorinated bleach and non-chlorine, oxygen bleach. Bleach works through oxidation and reduction processes. Oxidation breaks a chemical bond in the chromophore of a pigment, making it no longer reacting to visible light. Reductions convert double bonds to single ones, which makes the molecule lighter in color.
Chlorine bleach is a disinfectant that can be found in liquid or powder form. It is widely used in the cleaning, laundry, horticulture, paper, textile, and pool industries. It is also considered a pesticide and must be used in accordance with the federal hazardous substances act. It can be toxic to the skin, eyes, and lungs when exposed. It is highly corrosive to metal and glass and can cause severe burns if mixed with acids or other chemicals such as ammonia.
The proper way to use bleach is to mix it with water in a 50:50 solution for home use and in a 10:1 concentration for industrial uses. It should never be applied directly to a surface, as it will etch and damage the surface. It should always be mixed with a surfactant (to help it adhere to and penetrate the surface), a diluent (to dilute the strength of the solution), and a stabilizer to prevent toxicity.
To properly clean a roof, you should first wet the foundation plantings down. This will protect the plants from the bleach solution. Then, mix the solution in a pump-style garden sprayer and thoroughly saturate the roof. Finally, let the solution sit on the roof for about 20 minutes and rinse.
Ammonia is a compound made of one nitrogen and three hydrogen atoms. It is used as an industrial chemical and a household cleaning product, though in high concentrations it can be dangerous. Ammonia releases toxic fumes that can irritate the skin, eyes and lungs. It is produced naturally by the body as a waste product, and it is also found in the urine of animals and in many plants. It is also used in the manufacture of fertilizer, refrigerants, explosives and plastics.
Three hydrogen and one nitrogen atom make up the compound known as ammonia. Although it can be harmful in high concentrations, it is used as a household cleaning product and as an industrial chemical. Toxic fumes released by ammonia have the potential to irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs. It is a waste product that the body naturally produces and can be found in many plants as well as animal urine. In addition, it is utilized in the production of plastics, explosives, fertilizer, and refrigerants.
It is a colorless, highly irritating gas with a pungent, suffocating odor. It is toxic to the respiratory system, and exposure can cause a variety of health problems including lung damage, blindness, nausea, headache, dizziness, confusion and vomiting. It is used as an ingredient in some cleaning products because it is an effective degreaser and shiner. It also evaporates quickly, so it is less likely to leave streaks on windows or mirrors. It is used to kill weeds, and it is the main ingredient in commercial fertilizers. It is also used to make dyes, plastics and disinfectants.
It is a strong, suffocating gas that is colorless and extremely irritating. Exposure to this respiratory toxin can result in lung damage, blindness, nausea, headaches, dizziness, confusion, and vomiting, among other health issues. Because it works well as a degreaser and shiner, it is an ingredient in some cleaning products. It also evaporates quickly, minimizing the possibility of streaks on mirrors or windows. It is the primary component of commercial fertilizers and is used as a weed killer. Additionally, dyes, plastics, and disinfectants are made with it.
Most roof cleaners that contain ammonia include copper sulfate to prevent mold and algae growth, and trisodium phosphate to remove oily residues. Copper sulfate is safe for metal roofs, while trisodium phosphate is good for removing moss and mildew. A few roof cleaning companies use sodium hypochlorite (a type of bleach) to kill moss and other types of vegetation before using the chemicals mentioned above to clean the roof.
Ideally, you should avoid all cleaning products that list ammonia as an ingredient. However, not all products label their ingredients clearly, and some manufacturers are not transparent about what is in their cleaning products. You can check whether a cleaning product contains ammonia by searching its ingredients on the Environmental Working Group’s “Skin Deep” database. You can also contact the manufacturer directly by finding their contact information on their website or looking for an 800 number listed on the product label. If you find a company that offers an ammonia-free product, consider choosing them as your contractor.
Copper Sulfate (CuSO4) is a chemical compound that has a wide variety of uses. It is a powerful algicide, fungicide, and herbicide. It can also be used to reduce corrosion on iron and copper utensils. This chemical can be found in a number of products, including dyes and leather tanning. It is also a component of copper plating, and can be used as an etching agent for metal. It is often added to swimming pools as a way to prevent the growth of algae.
Copper sulfate is hygroscopic, meaning that it attracts water and moisture from the air. It is a key ingredient in some wood preservatives and can be mixed with lime to form Bordeaux mixtures. This type of mixture is a popular treatment for tomatoes, and can help to prevent the formation of fungi. It is also an effective treatment for moss.
Some photographers use it as a developer in the collodion process. It is also a major ingredient in some types of photographic paper and film. In addition, it is a key ingredient in copper sulfate bleach, which is used to treat photographs for bleaching and toning.
While this chemical is very useful, it is also dangerous if ingested. Copper sulfate can cause gastroenteritis and other problems. It can also cause a bluish discoloration of the skin. It can cause a variety of symptoms, such as vomiting, stomach pains, and fever. It can also lead to liver and kidney damage.
Those who are concerned about the safety of copper sulfate can choose to use an eco-friendly cleaner. These formulas can be just as effective as the heavy-duty solutions, and are much safer for the environment. These cleaners are made without chlorine and other chemicals, so they are not as harmful to the plants and animals that live in the area.
ARREST’R is an excellent choice for those who are interested in using a copper sulfate-based product to remove lichen, mildew, and mold from their roof. It is an excellent product to use in conjunction with a roof cleaning program, as it will dramatically inhibit the growth of these unsightly organisms.